REGISTRATION OF BIRTH AFTER 3 MONTHS WITHIN 1 YEAR OF BIRTH
Father of the child has to give a letter, explaining as to why the birth was not registered within 3 months after the birth.
Duly filled application forms should be submitted to the Consular Section of the Embassy together with the suppoting documents mentioned below.
1. Duly filled “Declaration of Birth after Three Months (Section 24)”
2. Duly filled “Annex A Form” in duplicate
3. Duly filled “Citizenship Form 1”
Supportive Documents required
- Passports of the parents.
- Foreign Birth Certificate of the child
Parents are advised to obtain an English translation of theForeign Birth Certificate and submit the English version to the Consular Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Norway/Finland or Iceland for certification, before submitting it to the Embassy as a supportive document to the Birth Registrtion Application.
- Original of the Marriage Certificate of the parents. If the marriage has been registered outside Sri Lanka, it should be countersigned by the relevant authorities of the particular country. If the parents are unmarried, consent letter of the father must be submitted to the Embassy in person, to include his name to the birth certificate of the child.
- Original Birth Certificates of the parents. Please submit the English translation also together with the original certificate, if available.
- Citizenship Certificates of parents if they were born outside Sri Lanka.
- Residance Permit Cards of parents and the child.
- If one of the parents does not have a valid travel document and / or valid visa he/she should produce a letter from the Immigration Authority to prove his/her eligibility to live in Norway/Finland/Iceland.
- If Father or mother is a foreign passport holder, the foreign Passport together with the citizenship certificate issued by the particular country.