Apply for 30 days Tourist Visa
An intended traveler visiting Sri Lanka for a short stay (less than 30 days) for the following purposes, must obtain ETA approval prior to his/her travel to Sri Lanka through www.eta.gov.lk
- Sightseeing, holidaying
- Visiting friends and relatives
- Medical treatment including Ayurvedic and yoga
The ETA is initially limited to 30 days with double entry facility. ETA holders can apply for extension of their visa upto 90 days at the Department of Immigration Emigration (Head Office) , "Suhurupaya", Battaramulla
Applying for Tourist Visa (for more than 30 days) through the Embassy
An applicant may apply for Tourist visa through the Sri Lanka Embassy if he/she intends to spend more than 30 days and up to 90 days in Sri Lanka.
- Duly filled Application for Visit Visa (Go to 'A[[lication Forms' in the menu to download the application.)
- Valid Passport - Passport should be valid for a minimum period of six months from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka.
- Recently taken 02 colour photographs (passport size 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm)
- Travel itinerary/ Air ticket including departure and arrival dates
- Proof of income - Salary slip or bank statement of the latest month
- Written consent of parents with the signatures of both parents is required, in case if applying visa for children under 16 years of age. If the children are travelling with one parent, the parents' Marriage Certificate, passports and the children's Birth Certificates are also may required
Tourist Visa Application processing time is 10 working days. Applicants who are sending applications by post are advised to submit their applications at least 01 month prior to the intended visit.
Payments can be made in cash at the Embassy or to the Embassy Bank account No. 7058.05.77189 DNB. Can be found under 'Charges for Consular Services'.
Children of any nationality under 12 years of age are exempted from visa fee.
For travel essentials visit www.srilanka.travel
Who are eligible for Visa Exemptions?
- Sri Lankan dual citizens.
- Children who are under 21 years of age and whose birth has been registered under section 5(2) of Citizenship Act - 1948.
- Children born in Sri Lanka to Sri Lankan parents and who are under 21 years of age and holding foreign national status currently.
On the basis of reciprocity, citizens of The Republic of Singapore, The Republic of Maldives and The Republic of Seychelles are exempted from the requirement of obtaining visa to visit Sri Lanka
How to apply for Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) - Online Tourist Visa for 30 days ?
Steps to be followed when applying ETA :
- Submit the application through www.eta.gov.lk
- Receive the acknowledgement.
- Receive ETA approval to the email given by the applicant in the application.
Applicants are advised to print the ETA approval notice received to the email and submit it to the Immigration officers at the Air port when required
How to check the ETA application status?
Applicants will receive approval notice by email within 24 hours. If not, check the application status through the ETA website by entering the reference number or Passport number and the Nationality under “Check Status”. https://eta.gov.lk/etaslvisa/pages/checkStatus.jsp